- Amazon Product Management, Working Backwards
- A review of "One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees", by Frederick Herzberg
- Why People Hate New Ideas
- Download / Scrape Salesforce Reports in 4 lines of Python
- A review of "Leadership That Gets Results", by Daniel Goleman
- People Lab: The Next New Thing in HR
- Do the right thing, Wait to get fired
- A review of "The Set-Up-to-Fail Syndrome" by Jean-Francois Manzoni and Jean-Louis Barsoux
- Can I explore your API in a browser address bar?
- Bill Gates: 3 Myths That Block Progress for the Poor
- Seeds, Pods and Big Bets
- Technical Risk vs Market Risk, Part II
- Technical Risk vs Market Risk, Part I
- Inside Amazon.com, what’s the culture really like these days?
- First 24 hours with the Apple Watch
- Hey Geek, Attracted to Buddhism? You should check out Stoicism.
- Do More Faster, Part 1 – Idea and Vision
- The Original iPhone was a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- How To Become An Engineer With People Skills
- A Hardware Startup in the Dorm Room Next Door
Brendan on the web
Monthly Archives: November 2012
This is the second article in the volume “On Managing People” in Harvard Business Review’s collection of Must Reads. Frederick Herzberg This article was originally published in 1968. Herzberg begins by examining the classic Kick In The Ass (KITA) as … Continue reading
As a sort of poor-man’s MBA I’m planning to work my way through Harvard Business Review’s “HBR’s Must Reads”, a 6-volume collection of curated articles on business. Since I’m relatively new to management and find myself building and managing a … Continue reading