- Amazon Product Management, Working Backwards
- A review of "One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees", by Frederick Herzberg
- Download / Scrape Salesforce Reports in 4 lines of Python
- People Lab: The Next New Thing in HR
- A review of "Leadership That Gets Results", by Daniel Goleman
- Do the right thing, Wait to get fired
- Why People Hate New Ideas
- A review of "The Set-Up-to-Fail Syndrome" by Jean-Francois Manzoni and Jean-Louis Barsoux
- Can I explore your API in a browser address bar?
- Seeds, Pods and Big Bets
- Technical Risk vs Market Risk, Part II
- Technical Risk vs Market Risk, Part I
- Inside Amazon.com, what’s the culture really like these days?
- First 24 hours with the Apple Watch
- Hey Geek, Attracted to Buddhism? You should check out Stoicism.
- Do More Faster, Part 1 – Idea and Vision
- The Original iPhone was a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- How To Become An Engineer With People Skills
- A Hardware Startup in the Dorm Room Next Door
Brendan on the web
Monthly Archives: December 2012
(Photo: PublicDomainPictures) I’ve been thinking about goal setting recently. Bazaarvoice is in the process of rolling out a goal process – a variation of Management By Objectives (MBO) and Objectives and Key Results (OKR). One dilemma that always seems to … Continue reading
Python Code: import requests l = requests.get(“https://login.salesforce.com/?un=USERNAME&pw=PASSWORD”) d = requests.get(“https://na3.salesforce.com/REPORT_ID?view=d&snip&export=1&enc=UTF-8&xf=csv”,cookies=l.cookies) print d.content References: http://sfdc-heretic.warped-minds.com/2006/04/10/progmatic-access-to-salesforcecom-reports/ http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/user/quickstart/#cookies http://www.techsmog.com/index.php/2011/02/08/parsing-real-time-salesforce-com-reports-via-perlcgi-html-tables/